Dreaming of Brighter Days Ahead
COVID19 Travel Information
With the fluidity of information on the coronavirus, we are taking extra steps to keep our guest rooms and common areas both inside & outside, safe and clean for our guests, our staff and the community at large.
UPDATE – We will reopen for the 2021 season on Friday May 14th and with 2 vaccines presently in the process of being administered we are optimistic of “brighter days ahead” despite the recent surge in COVID19 cases. We will also continue with all of our COVID19 2020 protocols throughout the 2021 season many of which are detailed below. Other Inn amenities suspended in 2021 include: providing beach chairs, beach towels, umbrellas, unlimited coffee, tea & bottled water.
Here in Orleans & throughout the Cape restaurants have offered both inside & outside dining as well as take out. All of our beaches, including Nauset Beach on the Cape Cod National Seashore & Cape Cod Bay beaches are open with physical distancing guidelines in place. Biking trails including the Cape Cod Rail Trail, state parks & hiking trails are also fully accessible. Due to the recent surge in cases restrictions apply including caps on capacity at restaurants of 25%.
As we learn more details from the State of Massachusetts we will provide further information (see the link at bottom). SAFETY FOR OUR GUESTS, STAFF AND MITIGATING THE SPREAD IS OF THE UTMOST PRIORITY!
Stay Small-Stay Safe
We have made changes to our pre-COVID19 processes and procedures which include intensifying our routine cleaning, sanitizing & disinfecting with “recommended best practices” from the CDC, the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), MA Lodging Association (MLA), MA State & Orleans Boards of Health. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. We have been owners of the Inn for 35+ years & owner/innkeepers over the past 16 years and have a strong sense of what our many repeat guests require in order to feel comfortable to consider traveling again. The COVID19 response measures identified below & currently in effect are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
- In addition to the normal cleaning, sanitizing & disinfecting that we complete we are also frequently disinfecting all high-touch areas & all non-porous (hard) surfaces in your guest room and bathroom with an EPA approved “N List” disinfectant recommended for use with the coronavirus COVID19. We have also adopted the “Safe Stay” https://www.ahla.com/safestay guidelines from the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) & the “Clean + Safe” recommendations from the MA Lodging Association (MLA).
- While we always prefer to welcome and greet you in person we have implemented both a “physical distancing- self check-in/check-out process” that eliminates the need to register at our front desk at arrival or departure. At arrival you may proceed directly to your room. Detailed self check-in instructions will be provided to you by email 48 hours prior to your arrival with our cell phone # included in the event you experience any difficulties. If you prefer to check-in at our front desk we ask that you wear a face mask and maintain physical distancing.
- We will not be serving our buffet style continental breakfast in 2021. We will offer a bagged breakfast & a small coffee carafe for each guest room available for pick-up in our breakfast area from 8:00-9:00AM daily. We have outdoor, private table seating on either of our 2 guest patios or at the poolside patio, all configured to maintain physical distancing. Indoors, we will also have limited private table seating in our breakfast room with physical distancing. As is customary, our kitchen staff have been trained & certified in SERVSAFE food safety procedures.
- We are limiting our in-room housekeeping to our guests during their stay unless requested otherwise. No housekeeping staff will enter your room during your stay. If you have trash, we ask that you set the trash bag outside your room between 9:00AM to 1:00PM & we will collect it. If you need replacements of towels, toilet or facial tissue, or other amenities we ask that you text us to the number we provided you with our self check-in instructions during the hours of 9:00AM to 1:00PM (our regular refresh room hours) and we will attend to your needs quickly. Your towels should be placed in the cloth laundry bag provided in your room & left outside your door. We will return new towels, tissue etc in another clean laundry bag placed outside your room door.
- We have removed all decorative bed pillow shams, throw pillows, bed scarfs, etc. from our rooms. All bed pillows include a pillow protector & 2 pillow cases. All bedding, including our top comforters have been laundered in accordance with CDC guidelines after every guest stay. Extra room blankets in your room closet have been laundered & then vacuum sealed to insure cleanliness.
- Local magazines & our Ship’s Knees “Guest Information Guide” have been removed from your room. Our guide is available on our website as a PDF file at https://www.shipskneesinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/GuestInfoGuide2019.pdf
- After a guest check-out the room will be well ventilated before our housekeeping staff enters to clean, sanitize & disinfect for the next guest.
- Whenever possible we will block a guest room for a period of 24 hours from one guest departure to the next guest arrival.
- 15 of our 17 accommodations include in room (en suite) private baths. The remaining 2 rooms which share a bathroom can only be reserved together if rented by one family. If only one of the rooms is reserved by itself, the other room will be automatically “blocked” in our reservation system, insuring “private bath” status for the one room reserved.
- We are asking guests to be mindful of physical distancing, to wash hands frequently, to wear face masks when in common areas or outdoors if unable to social distance, and to use the vinyl gloves provided at specific locations when touching commonly used items such as the water cooler or ice machine.
Additional Improvements to Cleaning & Disinfecting in a COVID19 World
- Special attention to disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces in guest rooms, entrance/exit doors & common areas throughout the inn.
- Use of disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (e.g. doorknobs, handrails, chairs, tables, etc) can be wiped down and disinfected by staff throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations that include a 70% alcohol sanitizer, face masks, vinyl gloves & disposable wipes are provided in specific common Inn areas.
- Increased cleaning & disinfecting of common areas including both indoor & outdoor furnishings.
Please feel free to call 508-255-1312 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns as we continue to monitor the advice and direction of the CDC, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, MA State Health Department & our local Orleans Board of Health. We sincerely appreciate the trust you place in us when you travel, and we encourage guests to stay informed about COVID19 in Massachusetts at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-updates-and-information
Peter & Denise Butcher, Owners/Innkeepers